16 May 2007

adobe publisher verification

As I wrote earlier, I have installed and tested about 20+ apollo applications so far. I have noticed one thing. Every one of them had unverified publisher identity. Even Ascension that was written by Mike Chambers, Adobe guru.

Now, I tried to find informations about this verification, why none application has been verified and all of them have unrestricted access to users file system. This can be BIG threat to security. I can now see how much I haven't been careful, but I'm not sure that Adobe gave enough warning about this.

If anyone has some info about publisher verification system, please comment about it. Thank you.

2 comments:

Keith Peters said...

It's an ALPHA! A lot of incomplete features. Don't freak out yet. :)

Anonymous said...

Not supported in Alpha.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

 

template by blogger templates